[Sis-csi] No telecon tomorrow

Scott, Keith L. kscott at mitre.org
Tue Jun 20 14:43:51 EDT 2006

I'll be flying tomorrow, so no telecon.  Things went well at CCSDS, and
I think we 1) have real consensus on the architecture and 2) can get
going on a 'profile'.  One thing that came up at the meeting was
'profiles', essentially the transition phases we can map out to make it
easier for missions to see how to walk into all this IP stuff.  The
first such profile should likely be IP missions that don't route
through each other and use SLE.  This means that if IP is carried on a
separate VC and forwarded to the MCC through SLE, we can sidestep
mobility entirely (I think).  It would let missions run the way they do
now, but with IP 'beside' the current CCSDS packet protocols.  A small
step, but one we might actually convince people to take.

anyway, I'd like to real fast retrofit the architecture with two or
three such 'steps' and then get it out.  We can then start the full WG
discussions on the early profile.

We also apparently have an outstanding item from the Athens meetings to
answer some questions from the high-rate uplink BOF.  I'll find those
and see what they want, but it'll be something for us to talk about on
the telecons soon.

        --keith