[Sis-csi] Interplanetary distance laser link

Krupiarz, Christopher Christopher.Krupiarz at jhuapl.edu
Fri Jan 6 23:56:33 EST 2006

Lloyd,

No, it's not possible to do so.  Something to note, though, is even if it were we'd be hard pressed to keep up due to our processor, its load, and (at least in part, I'm sure) in how we implemented CFDP and our telemetry system.  Leigh Torgerson and his team at JPL have done some really nice work in this area by placing CFDP on an FPGA which would handle such high rates with bandwidth to spare.

Chris