[Sis-csi] IPSec AH and SCPS-NP

Scott, Keith L. kscott at mitre.org
Wed Dec 6 15:28:53 EST 2006

As part of our charter item to update existing CCSDS specifications,
there is a rather old outstanding action item to update the SCPS
Network Protocol (SCPS-NP) to support carriage of information needed
for end-to-end IPSec AH across SCPS-NP networks.

I put together some slides on this topic and placed them at
(http://public.ccsds.org/sites/cwe/sis-csi/Public/Draft%20Documents/Car
rying%20IPSEC%20Authentication%20Headers%20in%20SCPS-NP.ppt).  The
slides present three options with varying implications (one option uses
only a new TPID but costs a byte, the other two have lower overhead but
use bits from the NP control field).

I'd like to open this up for disucussion and try to come to a rough
consensus before we go into the January meetings.

        --keith