Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: [Sis-csi] IP Header Compression

Ed Greenberg egreenbe at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Sep 8 12:43:09 EDT 2005

Dave,  From the write up I need to assume certain things:
1)  that the uplink decoder is the CCSDS BCH Code using triple error
detection (no coding gain, high symbol SNR, continuous small block of bytes
validation)
2)  that the "frame" handling requires the UDP packet area (which contains
the data of interest)  to have a fixed offset from the frame start.

If a hardware decoder is incorporated into the frond end processing, the
only difference between this and the CCSDS is the number of bits that need
to be received before decoding the command.  However, if the mission moves
away from near earth or high throughput rates are required, then the
processing would get a little more complex (including adding an code
decoder) and the number of bits to achieve code lock and then frame lock
might increase substantially.   This topic is supposed to be addressed by
the High Rate Uplink BOF.
  Ed