[Sis-csi] New draft of architecture book

Scott, Keith L. kscott at mitre.org
Wed Oct 12 17:16:55 EDT 2005

OK, I promised to have an updated version of the book out tonight, and
it's on the CWE server
(http://public.ccsds.org/sites/cwe/sis-csi/Public/CSI_GREEN_BOOK_Draft_
0.10.doc).  It's not near as polished as I'd like, but I think it flows
a bit better and will give us an OK basis for a quick review before
next week's SCAWG meeting.

My main goals were to remove redundancies and overview material that I
suspect will be common knowledge to most people who might review the
document within CCSDS and to make sure that things actually fit into
their first-level sections (e.g. that things in the characteristics
section were really characteristics not requirements, and that
requirements weren't approaches, etc.).  That said, a lot of good
materil ended up either cut or in the 'Scraps' area at the end.  I
think that some of this is required to tighten up the document, but
everything that was there was good material.

Let's talk about this tomorrow.  My suggested plan would be to fork a
branch that hacks off all the comments, accepts all changes, and cuts
all the extraneous material at the end and to ask people to read that
while we continue to work this version.

thanks again to everyone for contributing, I think this is shaping up
nicely and if we can get it to a position where Dave can get it past
the SCAWG sanity check, it'll be a real accomplishment.

        --keith