[Sis-csi] noting unusual CCSDS security critique

Krupiarz, Christopher Christopher.Krupiarz at jhuapl.edu
Wed Oct 5 15:05:55 EDT 2005

Lloyd,

Thanks for the clarification.  I'm not sure if this is a question for
the SSTL authors instead of you, but I'll ask anyway.

In the most recent paper, the replacement protocol (Saratoga) is
described as having a smaller footprint and increased performance
compared to the CFDP implementation and that the CFDP implementation was
"considered large, slow and resource-hungry".  As a fellow developer,
I'm reluctant to ask this question, but was it the implementation that
didn't meet mission needs or the protocol?  I'm guessing it was at least
in some part due to CFDP, but it's not clear in the paper why the
protocol in particular was a problem.

Also, can I assume Saratoga is proprietary?

Chris