[Sis-csi] IP Header Compression

Greg Kazz greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Oct 3 07:36:38 EDT 2005

All,

JPL spacecraft handle this problem similarly using the Virtual Channel ID
(VCID) within the frame layer instead of MAPs. If Hardware commands are
sent, they are placed at the beginning of the data field of a TC frame and
interpreted by the Hardware Command Decoder (HCD) which by-passes flight
software.

Greg