[Sis-csi] Cislunar Working Group kickoff

Keith Scott kscott at mitre.org
Wed Jul 28 16:47:48 EDT 2004

All,

Now that the CESG has approved the working group, it's time to start moving
with the cislunar activity.  The latest version of the charter is available
from the cislunar WG area of docushare
(http://www.ccsds.org/docu/dscgi/ds.py/View/Collection-527).

The first deliverables [for the November meeting in Toulouse] are 1) a draft
green book describing cislunar communications architecture, operations
concept, and protocol suite requirements and 2) a survey document describing
candidate protocols.

There's an IETF meeting next week in San Diego where they'll be talking
about things like IP-over-DVB, the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol,
middlebox communications, and delay/disconnection tolerant networking.
These plus the SCPS-interest mailing list should be a good start toward the
protocol survey document.

I'd like to get a feel for what people's calendars look like the week of
August 9 and I'll set up a meet-me teleconference number.  During the
teleconference I'd like to get some consensus on an initial architecture and
operations concept, with particular interest in what the 2008 lunar
reconnaissance orbiter project is planning -- figuring that they're going to
need/have an ops concept real soon now  :)

Please let me know when you're available the week of the 9th; talk to you
soon,

		--keith