[Sis-ams] status of AMS WG

Burleigh, Scott C (313B) scott.c.burleigh at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Nov 10 16:40:39 EST 2010

Hi, AMS fans.  Here's a quick summary of where we are as of the conclusion of the CCSDS working meetings in London, October 25-29 of 2010.

Goals of the AMS WG meeting:
	Review  comments on revised AMS Blue Book.
	Develop schedule for supplementary interoperability testing.

Working Group Status:
	MOIMS AD agreed that the AMS Blue Book revisions address his CESG poll comments.  Still need to resolve terminology issue: "node" vs "module".
	WG agreed on additional Green Book material to be added prior to publication.
	WG reached consensus on supplementary interoperability testing schedule.

Interoperability Testing Plan:
	November 24, 2010: Scott will distribute specifications for simplified data encryption (XOR) and marshalling/unmarshalling (based on SFDUs) procedures on which interoperability testing will be based.
	December 1, 2010:  David will distribute the detailed test plan.
	March 8-10 and 22-24, 2011: Tim, Pat, David, and Scott will perform the supplementary AMS interoperability testing.
	April 18, 2011: David will finish the first draft of the final AMS Interoperability Test Report.  Need to determine whether this report should be a Green Book or a Yellow Book.
	April 29, 2011: David will deliver the final AMS Interoperability Test Report, and the SIS Area Director can propose a second CESG poll for the AMS specification.

Additional Green Book material:
	Operating narratives for ground system operators and designers, for flight system designers, and for spacecraft suppliers.
	Specific case studies, e.g., applicability to GMSEC.
	Identify benefits to spacecraft suppliers (self-configuration, scalability to large and small systems), ground operations (transparent interaction over the space link), flight systems (robustness).
	Comparisons to similar technologies: JMS, CORBA.

Also, the current revised draft specification for AMS has been posted to the AMS CWE site, at http://cwe.ccsds.org/sis/docs/SIS-AMS/Draft%20Documents/Specification/735x1b0[revised].pdf.  We haven't yet quite reached agreement with CESG on the editorial changes in that draft, but I think we're getting close.

Scott