[Sis-ams] AMS proxy and AMQP presentation

Poupart Erwann erwann.poupart at cnes.fr
Wed Oct 1 10:00:49 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm in the CCSDS SM&C (Spacecraft Monitoring & Control) working group
and I just registered to the AMS mailing list.

I recently exchanged mails with Scott Burleigh about AMS proxy and AMQP.

The CNES is currently studying AMQP as an interesting protocol to
improve interoperability of SM&C MAL (which can be seen as a messaging
system consumer).

Scott suggested me to give a presentation which I accepted.

So, I will do this presentation Tuesday morning (14/10), the main topics
will be :

*	A brief presentation of MAL Interaction Patterns concepts.
*	A brief presentation of AMQP concepts.
*	Some elements about AMS and AMQP comparison.
*	Some slides describing how an AMS proxy based on AMQP may
provide communication capabilities with non-AMS consumers, etc.
*	AMS proxy prototyping exercice planned at CNES for the end of
this year.
*	Perspectives.

See you next meeting,

Best Regards,