[Sis-ams] updated AMS spec

Burleigh, Scott C scott.c.burleigh at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 25 11:26:02 EST 2008

Hi, AMS aficionados.  I've updated the AMS spec to (I hope) reflect everything we agreed on at the Berlin meetings in October.  I just uploaded to the AMS CWE site an updated "clean" document and also a markup document (markup6) that shows all the changes.

This markup copy diverges from what I've been doing in the past, because I didn't want the newest changes to be buried in amongst all the other changes we've made since the original Red Book review: I did a Word "accept all changes" operation on the markup5 version before introducing all of the post-Berlin changes, so only those latest changes appear.  [The exception to this is some changes to PDU format in tables 5-4 and 5-5, which I made before doing the "accept all changes", but I have highlighted those revisions in red text.]  I'm hoping this will make it easier for everybody to make the necessary implementation upgrades.

This latest version of the spec is the one we should be conforming to when we do our final interoperability testing in January, as I believe it's very close to the text for which we'll be requesting final Agency review.  I'm going  to be revising the JPL implementation to be compliant to it between now and the end of the year - so if anybody sees any last-minute errors or omissions, please speak up as soon as possible!

Scott