[Sis-ams] notation for delivery point names

Stuart Fowell Stuart.Fowell at scisys.co.uk
Tue Nov 11 05:34:17 EST 2008

Scott,

There is a two steps to processing a delivery point name:

1. Do I support the underlying transport service
2. If 1 is true, then can I use it to transfer to the destination

Step 2 is particular to the underlying transport service - this allows
for different formats etc for different underlying transport service
types.

"vxmq2113451256:11311876" merges the two together whereas
"vxmq:2113451256:11311876" separates these two steps into independent
information

FYI, this is the mechanism that CORBA uses, with an ID for each
transport type so that a particular ORB implementation only needs to
process those transport types that it supports.

Stuart D. Fowell BEng MBCS
Distributed, Real-Time Embedded (DRE) Consultant
SciSys UK Ltd
Clothier Road
Bristol
BS4 5SS
UK

Tel: +44 (0)117 916 5165
Mob: +44 (0)7715 750 255
Fax: +44 (0)119 916 5299
Email: stuart.fowell at scisys.co.uk
Website: www.scisys.co.uk <http://www.scisys.co.uk/>

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or
disclose this communication to others.  E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses. SciSys UK Limited therefore does not accept liability
for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise
as a result of e-mail transmission.  Whilst SciSys UK Limited  take
reasonable precautions to minimise risk, you must carry out your own
virus checks before opening attachments or reading e-mails and SciSys UK
Ltd does not accept liability for any damage or loss in this respect.
Contracts cannot be concluded with SciSys UK Limited by email.