[Sis-ams] comment on consistency

Ray, Timothy J. (GSFC-583.0) timothy.j.ray at nasa.gov
Wed Jun 11 13:50:28 EDT 2008

Dear WG members,

This email concerns an inconsistency in the Meta-AMS protocol.  The
inconsistency does not cause any technical problem with the protocol,
and I'm not requesting that we change anything.  However, it seems
worthwhile to bring up the inconsistency and see if anyone else cares to
comment.

The way a registrar registers is somewhat different than the way that a
node registers.  If the node's Node_registration message is accepted,
then it automatically receives info about its peers (it receives an
I_am_here message for each peer node).  If the registrar's
Announce_registrar message is accepted, it does not automatically
receive info about its peers (it has to send a Msg_space_query message
to get the information).

Tim