[Sis-ams] minor heartbeat-related issue

Donahue, Pat pat.donahue at nasa.gov
Thu Jul 10 13:21:31 EDT 2008

opinion - the third alternative is good enough, because ...

When the Registrar doesn't get Heartbeat from the Configuration server,
Registrar will eventually re-try to do an ANNOUNCE_REGISTRAR with its
Unit Number.  It will either be successfully registered by the
Configuration server, or rejected if another Registrar already has that
Unit Number - in which case our lonely Registrar should shut down.  Am I
remembering it all right?

Patrick Donahue
(256) 544-5943 office
(256) 721-0726 home