[Sis-ams] minor heartbeat-related issue

Ray, Timothy J. (GSFC-583.0) timothy.j.ray at nasa.gov
Wed Jul 9 14:50:53 EDT 2008

Dear WG members,

(Scott:  thanks for posting the latest specs, and for keeping them
up-to-date.)

Here's another issue that I've run into.  Perhaps I am missing
something?

4.2.7.4.4 - If a server receives a 'heartbeat' from an unregistered
registrar, it is supposed to send back a 'you-are-dead'.  In order to do
that, it will need to know how to contact the registrar (i.e. its
mams-endpoint-name).  That name is not included in the 'heartbeat'.  How
can a server send an MPDU to an unregistered registrar?

4.2.7.4.5 - Same as previous, but registrar receives a heartbeat from an
unregistered node.

Tim