[Sis-ams] 'reconnect' timer?

Ray, Timothy J. (GSFC-583.0) timothy.j.ray at nasa.gov
Mon Aug 25 10:07:47 EDT 2008

Dear WG members,

4.2.7.4.2  specifies that a node shall (in response to imputing the
death of its registrar) query the configuration server to determine the
network location of the restarted registrar, and then send a 'reconnect'
message to the new registrar (and the registrar shall respond with
either a 'reconnected' or 'you-are-dead').  Good so far.  But what if
the node does not receive a response from the registrar?  I don't think
our spec covers this situation.

In my opinion, AMS should require the node to start a timer when it
sends the 'reconnect' message.  AMS should also specify the action to be
taken if the timer expires.

Tim