[Sis-ams] test planning

Scott Burleigh Scott.Burleigh at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Aug 22 11:51:16 EDT 2008

Ray, Timothy J. (GSFC-583.0) wrote:

> Dear WG members,
>

> I've put together a short sketch (one and a half pages) of a potential
> approach for interoperability testing.  (see attached)
>

> Any comments?

This looks very good to me, Tim.  Please, anybody who's got time and
interest, feel free add some more to this sketch.

I've been thinking a little about the logistics of our interoperability
testing, and it occurs to me that maybe the best way to start the
testing would be face-to-face in some of the October CCSDS meetings in
Berlin -- with maybe a crossover cable, or a small hub if we're lucky
enough to have multiple participating machines.  My laptop dual-boots
Windows and Linux, so there's little or no extra stuff I'd have to lug
to Europe to support this.  Pat, are you planning to come to the
meetings and, if so, do you think you'd be ready to start interoperation
testing by then?  Tim, any chance your implementation will be ready to
work with by that time?  Stuart and David, I am guessing that there's no
easy way for other implementations to interoperate with yours since
you're running on-bus rather than over a network, but correct me if I'm
wrong.

Scott