[Sis-ams] inconsistency in imputed death of node?

Ray, Timothy J. (GSFC-583.0) timothy.j.ray at nasa.gov
Wed Aug 20 13:26:01 EDT 2008

Dear WG members,

Inconsistency?

4.2.6.4.5 says that a node can receive an i-am-stopping message that
refers to itself (registrar imputes death of the node).   4.2.7.4.3 says
that in case of imputed death of a node, that the registrar sends an
i-am-stopping message to every other node (when I read this section, I
took it to mean "but not the node whose death has been imputed").

By the way, I think it makes sense to have the registrar send an
'i-am-stopping' message to a node that it thinks is dead (but may not
be).  So I would suggest modifying section 4.2.7.4.3 to match 4.2.6.4.5.

Tim