[Sis-ams] updated AMS Red Book

Scott Burleigh Scott.Burleigh at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 21 19:33:37 EST 2006

Hi.  An interim update to the first AMS Red Book has now been placed in
the public documents area of the AMS CWE.  A gripping read, as always.

Two documents have been posted, one that shows all the mark-ups from the
originally posted Red Book 1 and a second one that is a clean copy with
all updates applied.

Nearly all of the changes affect "Remote AMS" only; not a big surprise,
as this is the least mature protocol in the suite.  One potentially
significant new non-RAMS feature has been added -- the ability to
subscribe to messages on "all subjects" -- and I've added an Annex that
summarizes the use of various flavors of subject number by the protocols.

Thanks to Susan Symington and Cindy Wang, whose comments (more of which
ought to have been posted to sis-ams, now that I think of it) motivated
most of these changes.

Scott