[Sis-ams] Draft documents

Kizzort, Brad bkizzort at harris.com
Mon Apr 4 10:28:46 EDT 2005

Scott,

There is a real-time publish subscribe specification that was adopted within OMG
last year.  It was co-written by OIS, RTI, and Thales, so it is probably similar
to the RTPS IEC standard, although I have not looked at the IEC standard.  The
OMG specification is freely available from www.omg.org in the documents section.
Its document ID is: formal/04-12-02.pdf, Data Distribution Service.  RTI and
Thales are both offering or going to offer compliant products and there is an
open source DDS effort underway.

DDS is currently a model-based specification, but there is a definite interest
in defining wire protocols for interoperability between products much like IIOP
provides for CORBA.  That specification effort has not been kicked off, yet, but
I believe a Request For Proposal is imminent.

Brad Kizzort