[Sea-time] Comments needed on draft Green book

Jon Hamkins Jon.Hamkins at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 1 17:01:42 UTC 2022

Time enthusiasts,

At the meeting in Toulouse, we agreed that each contributing author
should review their sections by October 26, primarily relating to the
numbers used in cross references to figures, tables, and references. I
have not yet heard from anyone about their sections, but *please look at
your sections and let me know by end-of-day Thursday, November 3, if you
have any updates.* At that time, I think we will be ready to publish.

In the meantime I have gone through the entire document and

  * accepted all previous changes
  * made minor edits for clarity and grammar
  * put all of the equations into a common font/style and use sequential
    equations numbers
  * reformatted the mission survey tables
  * fixed a number of broken references
  * put all of the tables into a common style
  * removed unused references
  * fixed the broken links Yukio had identified
  * abbreviated SI units consistently throughout
  * removed the point-of-contact we had inserted at the beginning of
    each section

I put this updated draft in CWE in the SEA-TIME/Meeting
Materials/2022/2022-10-17 Fall meeting Toulouse folder:
https://cwe.ccsds.org/sea/_layouts/15/WopiFrame.aspx?sourcedoc=%7BF25E18FF-2018-4D67-8222-C148451DDDBA%7D&file=2022-11-01-Time-Management-green-book-draft-v11.docx

For your reference, here are the points-of-contact, by section -- please
review anything with your name.

  * 1 Introduction – Jon Hamkins
  * 2 Concepts - Jon Hamkins
  * 3 Frequency and timing standards - Sinda Mejri, except:
      o 3.5.3 ET, TT, TDT - Stan Cooper
      o 3.6.2 DTN - Lee Pitts
  * 4 GNSS – Beau Blanding, Eric Pitts
      o 4.1 GPS – Beau Blanding, Eric Pitts
      o 4.2 Galileo – Sinda Mejri
      o 4.3 GLONASS – Ilshat Gubaydullin
      o 4.4 BeiDoiu – Sinda Mejri, PeiNan, Lan LU
  * 5
      o 5.1 Time correlation concept – Jon Hamkins
      o 5.2
          + 5.2.1 User spacecraft clock correlation system – Victor Sank
          + 5.2.2 Time correlation in MSL – Vic Vilnrotter
          + 5.2.4 Time correlation in AMMOS – Michael Reid and Stan Cooper
      o 5.3 ESA time correlation – Sinda Mejri
      o 5.4 DLR time correlation – Christian Stangl
      o 5.5 JAXA time correlation – Yukio Yamamoto
  * 6 Time sync – Jon Hamkins
  * 7
      o 7.1 Science activities - Beau Blanding
      o 7.2 Ranging / Doppler – Lee Pitts, Vic Vilnrotter
      o 7.3 Spacecraft maneuvers – Beau Blanding
  * Annex A – Carlyn Lee, Jon Hamkins
  * Annex B – Acronyms – Jon Hamkins

----Jon

--
*Jon Hamkins*
Lead Technologist, Communications, Tracking, and Radar Division

*JPL*   |   jpl.nasa.gov