[Sea-time] FW: [EXTERNAL] Reminder: SEA-Time BoF Telecon tomorrow, 2 Apr 2019, 0700 PDT

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Apr 2 14:07:35 UTC 2019

Update to Time BoF Charter from last meeting.

Peter

From: Jon Hamkins <Jon.Hamkins at jpl.caltech.edu>
Date: Monday, April 1, 2019 at 5:14 PM
To: Peter Shames <peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] [Sea-time] Reminder: SEA-Time BoF Telecon tomorrow, 2 Apr 2019, 0700 PDT

Peter,

Attached is an updated draft of the charter for the proposed Time Management Working Group.  I've accepted your changes, which matched my notes closely, and applied some minor editing, most of which is the inclusion of an annex with the definitions of terms.  I did a little extra effort and provided citations for each definition, so we can trace the exact wording if we like, and make sure we are not deviating from previously established definitions.

Unfortunately, I didn't see NIST defining time correlation or time synchronization.  We have definitions for those terms, discussed previously, but I don't know the heritage of those definitions.  Maybe someone at the teleconference tomorrow will.

I still don't have my permissions straightened out in the SEA area of CWE.  Can you please upload the draft to SEA-TIME/Meeting Materials/2019?  Thanks.

     ----Jon
Jon Hamkins
Deputy Manager
332   |   Communications Architectures and Research Section
O 818-354-4764   |   M 626-658-6220

JPL   |   jpl.nasa.gov