[Sea-sec] Action Items from Rome Fall 2016 Meetings - CSTS

Barkley, Erik J (3970) erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Apr 24 17:11:07 UTC 2017

I concur with Tim's statement.

-Erik

From: Pham, Timothy T (3300)
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2017 9:27 AM
To: Shames, Peter M (312B) <peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov>; Dorothea Richter <dorothea.richter at dlr.de>
Cc: Weiss, Howard <Howard.Weiss at parsons.com>; sea-sec at mailman.ccsds.org; Barkley, Erik J (3970) <erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: [Sea-sec] Action Items from Rome Fall 2016 Meetings - CSTS

Hi Dorothea,
I agree with Peter's assessment.  It's better to wait until the information is more mature before including it into the GB.
Tim

From: "Shames, Peter M (312B)" <peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov>>
Date: Monday, April 24, 2017 at 7:55 AM
To: Dorothea Richter <dorothea.richter at dlr.de<mailto:dorothea.richter at dlr.de>>
Cc: "Weiss, Howard" <Howard.Weiss at parsons.com<mailto:Howard.Weiss at parsons.com>>, "sea-sec at mailman.ccsds.org<mailto:sea-sec at mailman.ccsds.org>" <sea-sec at mailman.ccsds.org<mailto:sea-sec at mailman.ccsds.org>>, Timothy Pham <Timothy.T.Pham at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:Timothy.T.Pham at jpl.nasa.gov>>, "Barkley, Erik J (3970)" <erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov>>

Hi Dorothea,

The CSTS WG has a draft WB at this point, and there is a person assigned to work on it (Tim Pham) one of our JPL guys, but it needs more work.  I think it's in pretty good shape, but I do not think that it will be mature enough to prototype until next year.

That said, I think it would be good to talk to them now about potential issues, but it may not be timely to include it in your spec.  Please check with Tim and Erik to see what they think.

Thanks, Peter