[Sea-sec] Action Items from Rome Fall 2016 Meetings - CSTS

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Apr 21 15:40:23 UTC 2017

Hi All,

Just one item to correct here, the assertion that "they are not planning a CSTS service for TM/TC/AOS frames".  There is a planned new CSTS service called Forward Frame (FF-CSTS).  It is to parallel the existing SLE R-AF and R-CF, and it has the following features:

1.       Accepts AOS, TC frames in native form (and USLP when it is published) (F-CLTU only accepts encoded TC frames)

2.       Accepts inputs from multiple sources (either users or other services like DTN BP or CFDP file agent)

3.       Merges these inputs into a single frame stream

4.       Applies encoding (F-CLTU requires that BCH coding, only, be applied by the user)

5.       Inserts idle frames if needed to maintain link synchrony

If you followed the logic (and the notes) you will see that this service is essential for any future DTN or CFDP file service deployments.  I think it would be worthwhile having the Sec WG have a discussion with the CSS area, CSTS WG on this topic.  Likewise I think having the SecWG take a look at the other new planned CSTS service, Service Control (SC-CSTS), would also be of value.

Cheers, Peter