[Sea-sa] Agenda for SEA SAWG working meetings, 2-3 May 2024

Shames, Peter M (US 312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Apr 22 20:56:50 UTC 2024

Dear SEA SAWG Colleagues,

The CCSDS Working Meetings are upon us, starting next week.  I’d like to refine our thinking for the SEA SAWG meetings.  There are three motivators:

  1.  The draft RASDS++ is in Tom Gannett’s capable hands.  Apparently it’s been a bit tough for him to hammer it into proper shape, but we know well what it contains, he will affect the from, but not the contents.
  2.  We have made a lot of edits to the SCCS-ARD and worked to clarify the definitions of the SSI Stages and the evolutionary path among them.
  3.  We have a few documents that have been awaiting attention until the work on these two have wrapped up.  We need to decide whether we are going to re-confirm them, revise them, or retire them.  Those are the options.  The documents are:
     *   SCCS-ADD, CCSDS 901.0-G-1, Space Communication Cross Support Architecture Description Document.  The descriptive Green Book companion to the SCCS-ARD.
     *   RASIM, CCSDS 312.0-G-1, Reference Architecture for Space Information Management. A Green Book describing info management functions and uses, including registry and repository functions.
     *   Security Architecture, CCSDS 351.0-M-1, Security Architecture for Space Data Systems.  This is really a SEA Sec WG document, but it is to elaborate on RASDS++ themes so it is worth discussing here too.
     *   SSI Architecture, CCSDS 730.0-G-1, Solar System Internetwork (SSI) Architecture.  This is a SIS DTN document, but it probably should be brought in line with the SCCS-ARD updates and any of the latest thinking from the IOAG Committee to Study LunaNet Governance (CSLG).

We do not have the resources to tackle all of these at once, and we may wish to just retire or reconfirm some of them.  And some do not belong to the SAWG, but we have an interest in them and wish to coordinate with these other WGs.

Draft SEA SAWG Agenda

Thursday, 2 May 2024
AM

  *   SEA SAWG Agenda review.
  *   Review status of RASDS++, discuss any remaining issues that might have surfaced upon review.
  *   Review SC14 plans re RASDS++.
  *   Agree on just how we are going to jointly publish RASDS.   Proposal is to publish with CCSDS number, using CCSDS (and expanded review) process and then follow ISO SC13 processes to assign ISO number that both SC13 & SC14 can reference.
  *   Any other business.

Thursday, 2 May 2024
PM

  *   Review outstanding document set (see above).
  *   Determine for each one how the WG would propose dispositioning each one.
  *   Process any agreed retirement or re-confirmation proposals.
  *   Use the rest of the time to discuss future work plans and priorities for those judged suitable to be revised.
  *   Plan for coordination with other WGs, as needed.

Friday, 3 May 2024
AM

  *   Review current state of the SCCS-ARD updates.
  *   Plan out the rest of the work on that document.
  *   Agree on the plan and assign editing tasks.
  *   Determine a viable schedule for completion of the work.
  *   Adjourn SEA SAWG.

Hope to see you all in Washington, DC.  I’ll setup Teams sessions for those of you who cannot make it in person.

Cheers, Peter