[Sea-sa] Brief minutes from SEA-SA RASDS working meeting on 14 Feb 22

Robert Rovetto ontologos at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 08:24:06 UTC 2022

Hi all, I hope 2022 is going well for everyone.

I couldn't make yesterday's meeting, but I looked at the brief.
A few of the points were those I raised and we discussed in the prior meeting (example below**), so I'm happy to propose getting together in the interim before the next meeting to work on things together in real-time.
Would you like to collectively?

In any case, anyone is free to contact me if you'd like to go over your particular section together.

**examples- from the last two section about Jan meeting
- formal definitions vs. others & clarity of our meaning and use.
- the terms 'space domain ...X'.

FYI: this is a particular term, along with other astronautical terms, I have a living catalog of definitions for, as well as work about some of their conceptual and semantic limitations. https://github.com/rrovetto/astronautics-terminology. In my committee service in AIAA and IAF, I demonstrated the equivalence of space domain awareness and space situational awareness, and the problematic aspects of the former. I mentioned this is our last meeting as well. In the AIAA spacecraft architecture model work, i mentioned similar points.

- generic terms such as 'role', etc.- emphasis (bold/italics)
Again, a focus of mine is terminology (refinement, dev., etc.) including in abstract models like ontologies, so if formally desired I can help hash out a conceptual framework for the terms used in the rasds documents, with asserting or modifying definitions and terms in the process.

Rob--Afford everyone the opportunity to succeed, learn and grow.
-
 Actively open to work & PhD study opportunities, worldwide.

Hire for services & Schedule meetings (https://tinyurl.com/yas7trzy).
Orbital Space Domain Knowledge Modeling Project (https:/purl.org/space-ontology)
Research Affiliate,Centerfor Orbital Debris Education & Research.
Education Committee, International Association for Ontology and its Applications.
US Merchant Marine. Available to serve in boat-based rescue emergency response