[Sea-sa] Clarification: SLS reply: Notes on VCM, DVB-S2, and SCCC

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Wed Apr 7 06:14:13 UTC 2021

Peter,
        just a quick clarification.

In a few places where it is stated:
>>> Please consider the SCCC reply above for 401.0-B

as the statement  “>>> SCCC in NOT intended for use over 415.1 links. In
fact, that book is not mentioned in SCCC." refers to 415.1 and not to
401.0-B, the correct reference is the following one
----------------------
>>> Indeed 401.0-B ( https://public.ccsds.org/Pubs/401x0b31.pdf ) contains
other regulations in addition to modulations. This is visible in section
1.4 DOCUMENT FORMAT. By convention those other conventions are never
mentioned explicitly in the standards referring to 401.0-B. It is clear
that modulations are not used ignoring the rest of the regulations and
this is considered implicit and it has never given implementation
problems.

You may want to review your other assertions below according to this.
I guess this will help everybody and specially the SLS readers.

Best regards

Gian Paolo