[Sea-sa] Importing diagrams from PPT to Word

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Apr 13 15:05:16 UTC 2018

Hi Guys,

I just asked Tom Gannett, the CCSDS Chief Technical Editor, about his recommendation for handling diagrams in Word docs.  His concise statement is "scalable vector graphics".  This does translate into SVG, but PDF in vector graphics mode (not bitmap) also works.  JPG, bitmap, PICT, etc are not acceptable.

So I recommend using PDF vector images to import graphics from PPT (or other sources) into our Word doc.

In any event expect to provide the source files for all figures, regardless of the tool you use to produce it.

Thanks, Peter