[Sea-sa] FW: [CESG] Proposed modification to CCSDS time-code format

Estefan, Jeff A (3940) jeffrey.a.estefan at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Sep 9 20:03:28 UTC 2016

Peter,

Only a preview of the ISO 8601:2004<https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:std:iso:8601:ed-3:v1:en> is freely available. As typical with the ISO and ISO/IEC standards many have a cost associated with obtaining copies. I suppose this is one advantage to an open standards specs such as those from CCSDS. Nevertheless, harmonization should be performed. It should be noted that ISO 8601 is also not new not even as new as the latest rev published in 2004. It goes back to 1988 so close to around the CCSDS spec came about. In any event, sending this to your distribution list so that hopefully somebody from your team will do the reconciliation.

Cheers!

 - Jeff