[Sea-sa] SAWG Deputy WG Chair

Eduardo W. Bergamini e.w.bergamini at uol.com.br
Sun May 1 22:04:12 UTC 2016

Dear Peter,

I think I understood the essence of Ramon’s comment.

In particular, I appreciated his conclusive comment ...

“It appears that appointing a deputy chair would incur no cost on the working group, and could add to the working capacity of the group.”

considering that we are much aware of the critical importance of
adding men-months power to the SA WG and, hopefully, perhaps,
alleviate the heavy working load you have in your hands, so far.

at the same time, to Ramon’s judicious comment ...

“That’s a non-trivial level of commitment”

I would add that, if the deputy may eventually share or temporarily
take over, partially or not, the work load and responsibility of the
WG Chairman, continuity of the on going work of the WG would be
better guarantee.

I have a very clear view of the -very- stringent man power limitations
within CESG but, at the same time, I also understand that CESG
Directorship and CMC can handle this issue should a proposal come
out from SEA - SA WG.

Kind regards,
Eduardo

P.S. For obvious reasons, I take the opportunity to ENCLOSE the
final slide of INPE Report to the CMC meeting, as presented last
Thursday.