[Sea-sa] CCSDS SEA Sec WG- Security Services and interfaces

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 14 17:24:49 UTC 2016

Dear SEA - SAWG,

During the telecon we talked about the role of the various security services that CCSDS has defined.  As I recall this was in the context of how to secure service interfaces as well as how to secure data.  The CCSDS Sec WG has already published a number of security documents that can be found on the web site.  Look on page http://public.ccsds.org/publications/SEA.aspx for the various Sec WG documents that are in the 350 series, particularly the 352.0-B-1 CCSDS Cryptographic Algorithms and 351.0-M-1 Security Architecture for Space Data Systems.  The Sec WG was also the “engine” for producing the Space Data Link Security document, CCSDS 355.0-B-1 that is in the SLS document list.

These standards provide the means for securing the space data link and for the encryption and/or authentication of data that is relevant for space operations.  There are also some new specs in work that include a key management standard and a new standard for access control / credentials.  These are still in development, but if necessary we can get access to them.

Best regards, Peter