[Sea-sa] SEA-SA telecon scheduled for Tuesday, 1 March,at 0800 Pacific

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Feb 29 21:27:33 UTC 2016

Hi Roger,

So glad to hear that you are no longer suffering fro kidney stones.  A relief, I am sure.

I flipped through the diagrams and I think they will form a very useful input to our discussions.  I do note that the links between SM&C, Nav, MP and the underlying communications layers seem tenuous at best.  Maybe I overlooked it, but it seems that the only identified link between the whole MO world and ground stations has to do with navigation and one instance of SM for planning.  Based on this it appears that magic or telepathy is used instead of ground stations to communicate between the MOS and S/C.  ;-}

I assume that is not really the case, or if it is, is it patented?  ;-}

If you can give this some further thought that would be great, otherwise we’ll use what you provided as a starting point tomorrow.

Thanks, and glad to see that you are back in the saddle.

Peter