[Sea-sa] CCSDS SAWG telecon minutes - 19 Jan 16

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Feb 23 23:53:05 UTC 2016

Hi Yonghui,

Sorry if I did not include these figures before.  The whole notion of an information model is to define the information objects that exist in the system, whether used within components or exchanged among them.  These might be a set of data structures of information objects (fig B-4 & 2-2), or they might show relationships among different information objects (fig B-3).  There is a very good description of this, and more, in the CCSDS document Reference Architecture for Space Information Management (RASIM), CCSDS 312.0-G-1.

For our purposes we can just sketch out what these information objects are and the major data items that make them up.  The figures that I have attached here are examples from the CCSDS Registry Management Policy (CESG review draft attached for reference 313x1y0).  I do not think we need anything more complicated than these kinds of figures for our purposes.  These were created with a mind-mapping tool, called MindJet MindManager, but there are other tools that can be used, or even just an Excel spreadsheet or Powerpoint diagram.

Regards, Peter