[Sea-sa] Proposed changes to SEA SAWG meeting schedule

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Aug 17 17:14:44 UTC 2016

Dear SAWG colleagues (and Glenn and Jonathan),

I have been wrestling with the CCSDS scheduling demons and may have won a round, but I also may have created a different problem.  Please see attached.  This is the latest draft (Draft 3) of the room schedule with the proposed changes.  From Draft 2 to Draft 3 they shifted the MOIMS MPS to Thursday & Friday, which completely overlapped the SEA SAWG meetings.  This was not the case in Draft 2.  This caused a problem for Roger Thompson, who is a key player in both meetings.

In the attached revised schedule I proposed moving the SEA SAWG meetings to Tues – Wed, which removes that conflict.  I also got the SIS CFDP Refresh guys to move to Thurs PM, which solved the 13 meetings / 12 meeting room dilemma as well.  So far so good.

But I just realized that shifting the SAWG to Tues – Wed may cause a scheduling collision for Ray Krosley.  I do note that there was already, in the original Draft 3 schedule an overlap between SEA SAWG and SOIS APP + SUBNET on Wed PM, all day Thurs, and Fri AM, a total of four working sessions.  This revised schedule has the same overlaps, but only on Tues PM, and Wed all day, a total of three working sessions.  Is it possible to do this swap and work the APP + SUBNET topic schedule around this?

Failing that we are, to use the vernacular, screwed.

Thanks, Peter