[Sea-ia] Registry/Repository Use Cases/White Book

Dan Crichton dan.crichton at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Dec 20 20:46:36 EST 2007

All,

Per our discussion at the Fall CCSDS Meeting, I'm attaching an
initial draft Registry Repository White Book.  Steve Hughes and I had
committed to getting an initial draft to you with a set of use cases.
While there is more work that needs to be done, I believe it is in
sufficient shape that I can share it with you.  We have received
input from several sources including the SLE, Nav and SM&C WGs
regarding use cases and have included them in the appendix.  We've
also included use cases input from Lou and Stephane.  Thank you for
providing that.

Below is the schedule we established in Heppenheim. I apologize that
I did not get this out as early as I was hoping (Dec 1). However, I'm
assuming that work on the information model can begin and that in
parallel, we can continue to work on refining the use cases.  You
will notice that we have identified two specialized registries in the
use cases: XML schema and services. It's our current thinking that
other specialized registries can be added which inherit the
properties of a generalized registry as we define their need. You
will notice that we plan to discuss the need for additional specific
objects during the March meeting.

Schedule
-------------
Oct 31, 2007: Existing use cases sent to Dan Crichton/Steve Hughes
Nov 30, 2007: Dan/Steve to send out use cases document and informal
requirements
Jan 15, 2008: David/Steve to send informal model to team
Jan 15, 2008: Lou to send out federation model to team; Don/John to
identify control authority issues related to federation

Next CCSDS Meeting (March 2008)
      * Discuss federation model
      * Discuss information model
      * Discuss specific objects/registries

I would like to wish you a very happy new year.

Best regards,

Dan Crichton
NASA/JPL