[MOIMS] Time Services BoF

Mehran.Sarkarati at esa.int Mehran.Sarkarati at esa.int
Tue Nov 14 15:11:18 UTC 2017

Hi Mario,

For MP&S WG time is an essential aspect, however we are more a user of
Time services (e.g. in Plan Execution function) and of time based Events.

Not knowing the scope, I wanted just to pass the request to also consider
the specification of an "application level" time service that provides
capabilities for

- subscribing to time events in different systems (e.g. for receiving
notifications for OBT or UTC if for instance a GPS flies onboard) in
different resolutions
- request a time reset
- request a time synch
- request an event to be triggered on a given time (like an alarm clock)
- ...

We do not need to be involved directly but if the BOF is created, I would
suggest that we formulate our needs (in form of capabilities needed for
Mission Planning and Scheduling) in a technical note and pass it to them.

Regards
Mehran