[MOIMS] Area Evolution

John Garrett John.G.Garrett at nasa.gov
Mon Apr 23 20:21:30 UTC 2012

Hi Nestor,

Any feedback from discussions of this plan?

I'm not strongly in favor or opposed to this plan.  There will almost always be
some overlaps and some missed points, but having fewer areas might minimize
them.  The best and the brightest came up with our current arrangement only a bit
more than 5 years ago.

Another idea I might throw out is to put Archiving and Certification activities
into a separate area.  They are the most different from everything else and
having them in a separate area may make it possible to draw in more outside
support and possibly have a some group of National Archives/Libraries along with
reps from the Space Agencies help set priorities for them.  By another measure,
the number of document downloads, these groups are responsible for 20% or more of
the downloads.  That metric might also support them as a separate area.  This is
simply my musings, haven't discussed this with others.

Good Health and Much Peace,
-JOhn