[MOIMS] Re: [Cesg-all] Plenary on SM&C at next CCSDS WS

Jean-Luc.Gerner at esa.int Jean-Luc.Gerner at esa.int
Tue Oct 24 07:57:09 UTC 2006

Nestor,
I see no objection as long as the SLS WGs sessions planned for Tuesday
morning are not affected by this presentation. In SLS we run short of meeting
rooms and have not yet resolved how to hold all the sessions we have planned.

best regards
 Jean-Luc Gerner
TEC-ETN
Tel: +31 71 565 4473

             Nestor.Peccia at esa.
             int
             Sent by:                                                     To
             cesg-all-bounces at m         "Adrian J. Hooke"
             ailman.ccsds.org           <adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov>,
                                        cesg-all at mailman.ccsds.org,
                                        moims at mailman.ccsds.org
             24/10/2006 09:36                                             cc
                                        moims-sc at mailman.ccsds.org
                                                                     Subject
                                        [Cesg-all] Plenary on SM&C at next
                                        CCSDS WS

Adrian,

As MOIMS AD I would like te request you, after considering an SM&C proposal,
to include the following during our next CCSDS International Workshop (16th
Jan - 20th Jan 2007 at Colorado Springs)

   An SM&C WG presentation at the Plenary (1 hr ) (i.e Tuesday morning after
   the general introduction).
   Prototype demo + discussion during the week (2 hrs)

I believe that this is essential because no other CCSDS WG has so a big
audience and provokes so many discussions at technical and management level.

Every Agency has the same goals, including short-, medium- and long-term
interoperability, but  which protocols and messages have to be standardised
are always under assessment by everybody.

I think that this presentation will be at the right time (after 2 months of
NASA internal discussions and before the CMC), because a decision of the way
to go (or not to go) needs to be taken during the next CMC.

Please let me know your views at your earliest covenience.

ciao
nestor