[MOIMS] MOIMS Fall meeting

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Wed Jul 30 12:59:40 UTC 2003

Dear all,

I am addressing you directly because some of the MOIMS WGs Chairmen are on
holidays.

This is a message from the CESG, that I am distributing      for your attention

An important reason for the restructuring of CCSDS was to provide increased
visibility into the technical program of work.

1. In the entire month of July, only 81 ideas were exchanged via mail lists
across the entire CCSDS.

2. A casual review of the traffic indicates that a significant number of these
81 messages were non-technical and many had to do with planning for Fall 2003
face-to-face meetings.

I realize that this is only a crude metric of progress, but in an open standards
organization it is crucial that all interested parties should be kept abreast of
current issues and discussions. Please try to correct this situation during the
coming month by shifting all significant technical discussions within your Areas
and WGs onto the archived mail lists.

ciao
nestor