[MOIMS-TEL] Lufthansa Strike Action

David Mittman david.s.mittman at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Nov 5 16:49:36 UTC 2015

The latest information I have on the Lufthansa strike action by the flight attendant’s union is from the Lufthansa web site. This strike will affect some travelers, who are now beginning a process that may involve rebooking on alternate airlines. My flight was also scheduled on Lufthansa; I will keep you informed of any impact this situation will have on my travels.

> Lufthansa information on announced strike action by the union of Independent Flight Attendants Organisation (UFO)
>  <>
> Against the background of the announced strike by the Independent Flight Attendant’s Organization (UFO) on Lufthansa flights from Friday 6th of November until Friday 13th of November 2015, Lufthansa is trying to keep the effect of the strike on its customers as low as possible.
>
> The announcement would affect flights from Lufthansa German Airlines – Flights operated by Lufthansa CityLine, Germanwings, Eurowings, Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, SWISS and Brussels Airlines are not affected by potential strike actions and will therefore run as planned.
>
> Since the negotiations with UFO have failed despite the revised offer, Lufthansa passengers are now offered changes free of charge in subsequent frames to their tickets, until the extent of the strike is clear.
>
> Passengers booked on a flight which has to be canceled due to strike actions, always have the opportunity to rebook or cancel their flight free of charge.
>
> Lufthansa passengers, who provided Lufthansa with their mobile phone number in their customer profile <http://www.miles-and-more.com/online/portal/mam/de/homepage?nodeid=2255083&l=en&cid=18002> or under "My bookings" <https://www.lufthansa.com/deeplink/cockpit?country=DE&language=en> on Lufthansa.com, will be informed about any cancellations via SMS.

- David