[Moims-sc] MO Mission Data Product Distribution Services

Smith, Danford S. (GSFC-5800) danford.s.smith at nasa.gov
Tue Oct 27 18:00:25 UTC 2015

Michele,

I will be interested to hear your thoughts in Darmstadt.

I would hope that the Mission Data Product Distribution Service would work regardless of the product type or format.  There may be a hundred or more different file formats and new missions may each have several unique products.

I would not expect the Product Distribution Service to actually generate any products.  Its job is to distribute them.  Other services may exist for the product generation.

If we assume it is a file distribution service, then users can subscribe to different file types, indicate how often they want files provided, identify missing files in their own list and request those, ask what is available, etc.  I would assume there is an authorization process that occurs prior to a new request being honored.

I am not sure that our working group needs to define the formats for inside each of the file types.

Dan

Dan Smith
NASA/GSFC
Code 580