[Moims-sc] [Moims-mp] Re: [Cesg-all] Results of CESG Polls closing 23 April 2015

Mario.Merri at esa.int Mario.Merri at esa.int
Wed May 20 08:52:11 UTC 2015

Dear Tom,

herewith I confirm that the issues raised by Peter have been resolved.
Please issue the CMC poll.

Best regards,

__Mario

From:   ccsds techsupport <ccsds_techsupport at aiaa.org>
To:     "cesg-all at mailman.ccsds.org" <cesg-all at mailman.ccsds.org>,
Date:   29/04/2015 04:10
Subject:        [Cesg-all] Results of CESG Polls closing 23 April 2015
Sent by:        cesg-all-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org

CESG E-Poll Identifier: CESG-P-2015-04-001 Creation the MOIMS Mission
Planning and Scheduling WG

Results of CESG poll beginning 09 April 2015 and ending 23 April 2015:

Abstain:  0 (0%)
Approve Unconditionally:  7 (87.5%) (Barkley, Merri, Behal, de Cola,
Calzolari, Suess, Barton)
Approve with Conditions:  1 (12.5%) (Shames)
Disapprove with Comment:  0 (0%)

CONDITIONS/COMMENTS:
Barkley - A comment: the goals section of the charter ends mid-sentence as
presented for the poll.  My assumption is that the goals, to be consistent
with the stated scoping of "...The submission of Planning Requests (input
to Mission Planning) ? The distribution of Plans/Schedules (output of
Mission Planning)..." will include blue books specifications for these two
items.

Shames - I have two concerns about this WG, as stated in the charter and
white paper:
1) The focus in most of these materials seems to be on SM&C and how it can
solve the problem, rather than on Mission Planning and a clear
presentation of what they need.  This is both "cart before the horse" and
looks like an overly tight binding that may be detrimental to the overall
usability of the resulting standards.
2) The WG leadership is exclusively Euro-centric.  Since there does appear
to be a significant North American interest in this it would be sensible
to broaden the coverage to recognize that.

Total Respondents: 8

No response was received from the following Area(s):

SECRETARIAT INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS:  Approved with Conditions
PROPOSED SECRETARIAT ACTION:  Once Conditions are met start CMC Poll