[Moims-sc] MO Christmas Present from ESA: 2 MAL bindings and 1 MAL encoding!

Mario.Merri at esa.int Mario.Merri at esa.int
Thu Dec 18 15:43:48 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I would like to inform you that ESA has started working on the production
of the following draft BBs (or part of it):
MAL over TCP-IP transport binding
MAL over HTTP transport binding
MAL XML encoding.

As you know, our suite of books is lacking ground-to-ground
encoding/transport bindings. On the other hand, the usage of MO Services
on the ground is clearly the first necessary step required to infuse these
new standards in future missions. This is the reason why ESA has decided
to "shift gear". We should be able to provide draft versions for internal
WG reviews before next workshop.

Of course, we will need to identify partner agencies to cover the
necessary prototypes. As chair of this WG I would like to invite all
agencies, above all those that in the SM&C WG have been having a less
active role, to use this opportunity to get involved and contribute.
Please talk to your managers and convince them of this opportunity.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you and your families.

__Mario