[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Question about State Transition Matrix aspect to the OCM

SWINBURNE, Brian [UK SC] brian.swinburne at airbus.com
Mon Sep 7 07:31:30 UTC 2020

Hi Dan

Removal of STM is fine with me.

Regards

Brian

From: MOIMS-NAV-EXEC [mailto:moims-nav-exec-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org] On Behalf Of Oltrogge, Daniel
Sent: 04 September 2020 20:21
To: moims-nav-exec at mailman.ccsds.org
Subject: [MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Question about State Transition Matrix aspect to the OCM

NAV WG Team:

Question regarding the new CCSDS Orbit Data Message (ODM) we are creating:  Would anyone be heartbroken if we were to delete the State Transition Matrix data section?  I worked to get that included so that we could map covariances from one point to another and perturbations and/or small DVs downstream, but I’m now wondering if our projected use of this message feature warrants the effort and complications we can assume this will introduce into message adoption and testing.

Does anyone in our group feel strongly that this STM message component should be retained?

Thanks,

Dan
Dan Oltrogge
Director, Center for Space Standards and Innovation
Analytical Graphics, Incorporated
Voice: 719-482-4552   ҉   E-mail: oltrogge at agi.com<mailto:oltrogge at agi.com>

This email is for the intended addressee only. The content of this email may be subject to UK Export Control Act (ECA) 2002 regulations. If you received it in error, or as an export, then you must not use, misuse, retain, disseminate or otherwise deal with it. Please notify the sender by return of e-mail. The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Airbus Defence and Space. Nothing in this e-mail shall bind Airbus Defence and Space in any contract or obligation.

Airbus Defence and Space Limited, registered in England and Wales No. 02449259. Registered office: Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 2AS, England.