[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Simple Report on Nav WG books / Jan 2020

Berry, David S (US 3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jan 22 19:15:39 UTC 2020

Mario/Brigitte:

Per your request, here is the "simple report" on Nav WG projects in progress as of our 22-Jan-2020 telecon.

500.2 Navigation Data Messages Overview - Green Book:  The document has been in the hands of the Secretariat since 14-Jun-2019. We had hoped this would be in the most recent batch of CESG/CMC Polls, but it was not. Although the document was ready for polling, there were 10 Blue/Pink/Magenta books that required polls so those took priority according to Tom Gannett. We continue to hope that this book will be in the next round of CESG/CMC "approval to publish" polls.

502.0 Orbit Data Message (ODM): Version 3 updates are in progress. A Pink Book version P2.39 review draft was received 21-Jan-2020. The WG will now commence internal review and comment. Updates to CCSDS Normative Annexes in the SANA Registries referenced by the ODM continue (though some have been delayed a bit).

503.0 Tracking Data Message (TDM): Version 2 updates are in progress and nearing completion. A TDM P1.5 draft was distributed in late November; we are about to commence a final internal proofreading of the document. Prototyping discussions continue; an updated TDM V2 Test Plan/Report was distributed in the first week of December. TDM Version 2 testing is a top WG priority at this point; testing is estimated to be 85% complete with a target at end of January 2020 (2 of the 5 test cases are complete and 3 are nearly complete). We hope to enter the CESG/CMC polls in early spring 2020. TDM Version 3 work is in the very early stages, but will start in earnest once the TDM V.2 is turned over to the Secretariat.

504.0 Attitude Data Messages (ADM): Version 2 updates are in progress. A version P1.9 draft is still in progress; work on a major new section (ACM) depends upon a related section in the ODM, so the ODM P2.39 is being examined by the Lead Editor for that section. The ADM P1.9 is anticipated by end of February 2020.

505.0 Navigation Data Messages XML Specification (NDM/XML): There has been no recent progress; work on this document has been de-prioritized (TDM V.2 and ODM V.3 have higher priority). An updated draft (P1.0.2) is anticipated by end of February 2020.

507.0 Navigation Events Message (NEM): Distribution of the first NEM White Book is delayed; it is now expected by end of February 2020. The NEM has the same Lead Editor as the ADM Version 2 update, which has higher priority.

508.0 Conjunction Data Message (CDM): A first Pink Book draft P1.0.1 is anticipated in January/February.

509.0 Pointing Request Message (PRM): Responses to some questions raised during the joint MP&S/Nav WG meeting at the Fall 2019 Meetings have been prepared and are being reviewed before submitting to MP&S. Work on a Corrigendum is under consideration; a decision has not yet been made.

Recently published standards/other documents with no action necessary: 500.0 Navigation Data - Definitions and Conventions Green Book, 508.1 Re-Entry Data Message (RDM).