[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Request for Area Director Review of CCSDS Navigation Data Message XML Specification "Agency Review" Draft

Berry, David S (US 3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Aug 1 04:37:46 UTC 2020

Dear Mario and Brigitte:

In accordance with Section 6.2.2.2.1 of the "Organization and Processes for the Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems", I am forwarding you the latest version of the Navigation Data Message XML Specification Version 2 draft (Pink Book P-1.0.3), which will hopefully result in a Resolution from you requesting the initiation of CESG and CMC Polling for Approval to release the document for Agency Review.

Please note that this document was not listed in the Spring 2020 Navigation WG report as a "Further Resolution Anticipated in the Next 6 Months". Due to a modest, unanticipated budget increase recently I have been able to allocate greater attention to completing the document and getting it ready for the Agency Review. The updated schemas described in the document have been prepared, but I still need to work with the SANA Team to get them posted on the SANA Registry. I understand that this is a prerequisite to actually starting the review; my plan is to send the updated schemas ASAP to the SANA Team so their processing can occur while the Secretariat Document Processing is underway.

Best Regards,
David

P.S.:  I hope you both continue to stay safe & healthy in the era of Covid-19... we missed seeing you at the recent Spring 2020 Meetings, and it's starting to look like USA persons won't be allowed into the EU in October for the Fall 2020 Meetings.