[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Re- [EXTERNAL] Technical expert on ISO TC20/SC14 GNSS Requirements Document

Oltrogge, Daniel doltrogge at agi.com
Fri Apr 24 18:40:03 UTC 2020

Ralph -

Thanks much for sending this - - it's clear that Oliver et al have done a good job capturing GNSS formats.

On that basis, I sent the attached preliminary email back to the SC14 side, clearly stating that I was not representing any sort of CCSDS response or consensus.

But just to remind, the nice document that you sent is not a standard.  Perhaps the question we need to ask ourselves is whether, from a CCSDS Nav WG standpoint, we see utility and commercial marketplace relevance to spend effort codifying this nice document from Oliver and other relevant documents into a CCSDS NAV WG standard.

I don't have an opinion one way or the other, FYI.

Dan

Dan Oltrogge
Director, Center for Space Standards and Innovation
Analytical Graphics, Incorporated