[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] TDM P1.3: Incorporates a minor change request

Berry, David S (US 3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Sep 20 19:59:28 UTC 2019

All:

Attached is a small update to the TDM P1.3 to accommodate Ralph's minor change request described below...

From: "Ralph.Kahle at dlr.de" <Ralph.Kahle at dlr.de>
Date: Monday, July 22, 2019 at 6:18 AM
To: "cheryl.j.gramling at nasa.gov" <cheryl.j.gramling at nasa.gov>, "Berry, David S (US 3920)" <david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] CCSDS TDM V2: minor change request

Dear Cheryl,
Dear David,

I’m writing to you regarding the upcoming TDM V2 release. My colleagues at DLR are building up an international network of sensors for space debris observation, where all sensor measurements are exchanged via our CCSDS TDM format (cf. https://conference.sdo.esoc.esa.int/proceedings/neosst1/paper/423/NEOSST1-paper423.pdf). Currently, the majority of observations is contributed by optical telescopes. When processing the TDMs from various partners / telescopes the application of measurement corrections, in particular aberration, is not obvious and we lose accuracy when corrections are applied twice or not at all. Therefore, we would like to propose a small change regarding the additional optional keywords. Please could you have a look into the attached CRM?

I hope it is not too late to propose a change for Version 2 …

Thank you and best regards,
Ralph

Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
Space Operations and Astronaut Training | Münchener Str. 20 | 82234 Weßling | Germany

Dr.-Ing. Ralph Kahle | Head of Flight Dynamics Services
Telefon 08153 28-2451 | ralph.kahle at dlr.de<mailto:ralph.kahle at dlr.de>
www.DLR.de<http://www.dlr.de/>