[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Simple Report on Nav WG books / Aug 2019

Berry, David S (US 3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Aug 7 21:30:36 UTC 2019

Mario/Brigitte:

Per your request, here is the "simple report" on Nav WG projects in progress as of our 07-Aug-2019 telecon (our July telecon was unfortunately cancelled).

500.0 Navigation Data - Definitions and Conventions Green Book: Version 4 updates are in progress, and nearing completion. Processing of the review comments from our final proofreading effort is complete. The final draft will be submitted for the Area Director Review and CESG/CMC "approval to publish" polls within the next week.

500.2 Navigation Data Messages Overview - Green Book:  The document is in the hands of the Secretariat since 14-Jun-2019. We are hopeful that CESG/CMC Polls for "approval to publish" will commence soon.

502.0 Orbit Data Message (ODM): Version 3 updates are in progress. A preliminary draft of version Pink Book P2.39 is anticipated in the first week of September; this draft will be used to update the XML portion of the document prior to distributing P2.39 to the entire WG. Updates to CCSDS Normative Annexes SANA Registries referenced by the ODM continue.

503.0 Tracking Data Message (TDM): Unfortunately, very little progress on TDM Version 2 has been made recently, primarily due to budget issues. Version 3 work is in the very early stages.

504.0 Attitude Data Messages (ADM): Version 2 updates are in progress. Internal WG review of version Pink Book P1.8 of the document is essentially complete (perhaps one more WG reviewer will submit comments). A version P1.9 is anticipated prior to the Fall Meetings.

505.0 Navigation Data Messages XML Specification (NDM/XML): There has been no progress recently on the updates to this document given the priority on other documents and budget issues.

508.0 Conjunction Data Message (CDM): Preliminary discussions among the co-editors of the document have commenced. No Pink Book drafts have yet been produced as we are still considering applicable modifications.

508.1 Re-Entry Data Message (RDM): The final Red Book document is in the hands of the Secretariat since 14-Jun-2019. In response to an inquiry to the Secretariat, we have been informed that the CESG/CMC "approval to publish" polls should begin in the next 2 weeks. Publication by end of September 2019 is anticipated.

50x.0 Navigation Events Message (NEM): Distribution of the first NEM White Book is anticipated shortly before the Fall 2019 Meetings.