[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Simple Report on Nav WG books / Sep 2018

Berry, David S (3920) David.S.Berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 3 00:19:27 UTC 2018

Mario/Brigitte:

Per your request, here is the "simple report" on Nav WG projects as of our 02-Oct-2018 telecon.

500.0 Navigation Data—Definitions and Conventions Green Book: Version 4 updates are in progress. Lead Editorship of this document was recently transferred due to the loss of funding for the previous Lead Editor. It will not be possible to complete the 3.6 update prior to the Fall Meetings, but a 3.5.5 interim draft with many of the submitted changes can and will be distributed. The 3.6 update will be completed after the Fall Meetings. We still plan to request the CESG/CMC Polls and publication a few months after the Fall Meetings if the work is ready, and depending on the level of additional commentary from the 3.5.5 draft.

500.2 Navigation Data Messages Overview - Green Book:  Version 2 updates are in progress. The Lead Editor indicated he will need a bit more time for his second draft of the document, but it should be available just prior to the Fall Meetings.

502.0 Orbit Data Message (ODM): The Lead Editor has not yet been able to complete the ODM P2.38, but is still planning to produce it just prior to the Fall Meetings. Based on the fact that the CCSDS Normative Annexes SANA Registries are now in progress, the applicable annexes will be removed from P2.38.

503.0 Tracking Data Message (TDM): The TDM Pink Book Agency Review completed 24-Jul-2018. Only a few RIDs were filed; these will be dispositioned at the Fall Meetings. The prototyping test plan draft is essentially complete given current knowledge (the final planned test has been provided). Given a few requests we have received for changes in the TDM, we anticipate that we will formally propose a TDM Version 3 project in the relatively near future (to be discussed at Fall Meetings).

504.0 Attitude Data Messages (ADM): Version 2 updates are in progress. The Lead Editor has had several commitments so has not yet been able to complete and distribute the P1.7 update of the ADM. He also had some issues with the section numbering in the XML sections which delayed him. The Attitude Comprehensive Message (ACM) material (analogous to the ODM's Orbit Comprehensive Message) is not yet incorporated. The P1.7 should come out about a week prior to the Fall Meetings.

505.0 Navigation Data Messages XML Specification (NDM/XML): Draft P1.0.1 was distributed 30-Sep-2018. No review is requested at this time. The document will be discussed at the Fall Meetings.

508.0 Conjunction Data Message (CDM): A new project to revise the CDM will be worked on at the Fall Meetings.

508.1 Re-Entry Data Message (RDM): The Agency Review completed 28-Aug-2018; very few RIDs were filed. The Lead editor has distributed candidate dispositions for the RIDs; these will be evaluated at the Fall Meetings. Prototype planning at (ESA and DLR) is underway.

50x.0 Navigation Events Message (NEM): The Lead Editor has not had much time to work on this document. David stated that the ADM has higher priority. Distribution of the first NEM White Book was postponed until about a month after the Fall Meetings. One of our XML experts indicated that he is ready to provide an XML overview at the Fall Meetings; no software will need to be installed on participant computers for the overview presentation.